Helpful answers to some common questions
Is Rocky Mountain Christian Academy accredited?
- The RMCA Preschool programs are licensed through the State of Colorado, Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care.
- Rocky Mountain Christian Academy is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), a nationally and internationally recognized organization supporting Christian education worldwide, and the Association of Classical and Christian Schools, which focuses specifically on classical and Christian education.
What are the hours of Rocky Mountain Christian Academy’s programs?
- Preschool classes meet for half days in the mornings from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Full day programs are from 8:30 AM to 3:15 PM (see Tuition Rates for options). Five year-olds meet four days per week.
- Kindergarten has a variety of schedule choices (see Tuition Rates for options)
- Elementary and Middle School classes begin at 8:30 AM and end at 3:15 PM each day.
What specialist programs does Rocky Mountain Christian Academy offer?
RMCA not only offers a challenging classical and Christian curriculum, but also believes a well-rounded education includes the study of music and art. Students’ physical development is advanced through participation in P.E. classes that promote coordination and healthy competition as well as good fun. Specialists teach each of these classes to all students on a regular basis.
How is Rocky Mountain Christian Academy related to Rocky Mountain Christian Church?
Rocky Mountain Christian Academy partners with Rocky Mountain Christian Church in sharing the facility. It is, however, a separate organization with its own tax-exempt status, governing board, and bylaws (available upon request). RMCA’s Principal is under the supervision of the school board, and she is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school. Students and staff at RMCA attend over fifty different churches throughout Boulder County.
What is Rocky Mountain Christian Academy’s approach to discipline?
At their discretion, teachers will utilize a variety of strategies to promote a classroom environment conducive to learning. In so doing, they seek to achieve the following:
- Develop individual and civil responsibility in their students.
- Maintain a calm and orderly environment.
- Promote Christ-like consideration of and service to others.
- Foster classroom habits and attitudes that encourage respectful relationships with those in authority.
Does Rocky Mountain Christian Academy use parent volunteers?
As a support and extension of the family unit, RMCA considers the family to be of first importance to a child. We continually seek ways to involve parents, siblings, and grandparents in the programs of our school. Parents have numerous opportunities to participate in the life of RMCA.
Does Rocky Mountain Christian Academy require students to wear uniforms?
Yes, but our modified uniform policy allows quite a bit of choice and variety. For more information, review our Uniform and Dress Code Policy.